Fireworks at Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
The annual firework show at the magical Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon is something you will never forget. This very same weekend every year locals join in for this end of summer event at the alluring glacier lagoon. Candles are lit on the ice bergs and later the sky with multicolored fireworks. There is really no way to explain this so I will not even try, I will have the photos talk the talk.
Here are the best photos we have found from the fireworks at Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon on the 12th of August 2017.
Things you need to know about the Fireworks at Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon
- There is a small cost for adults but free for children under 12 years.
- Tickets are sold at:
– Olís at Höfn
– N1 at Höfn
– Fosshótel Vatnajökull
– Fosshótel Jökulsárlón
- All profit goes to the Search and Rescue team in the area.
- The show started in 2000.
- This started as an end of season celebration for the employees of Jökulsárlón
- 150 candles are placed on the ice bergs in the lagoon and lit up during the show.
- The event is always held during the second weekend in August.
Thumbnail photo from Hali country hotel
Everything you need to know about the infamous Jökularsálón glacier lagoon. What is it? How did it form? Where to stay close by? Which are the best tours taking you to Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon and so on. A must read before traveling on the south coast in Iceland.
What are the pros and cons to traveling to Iceland during summer? What is there to see, to know and to do? Inga takes on the Icelandic summer in an excellent way.