Publish date: Feb 1st, 2019
Arctic Adventures is a small-group adventure tour company based in Iceland. We blend our passion for adventure with a commitment to educate and inspire our guests, whether exploring the highlights or the road less traveled. We’re growing fast beyond Iceland and looking for enthusiastic people to join us on the ride.
Social Media Specialist
Arctic Adventures is looking for an ambitious and creative Social Media Specialist to join our team in Vilnius. We’re on the hunt for a digital marketing master to develop a social media strategy, create original, viral-worthy posts (with images), engage with Social Media communities, and analyze the performance of said channels.
How We Work
We love people who think outside the box in ways to engage with the wide, wide world and the communities on our social media channels. Have a cool idea for a photo contest? We want to hear it! The office is pretty egalitarian–so your input and ideas matter. We care about our team and do our best to support everyone in a professional environment.
What You’ll Do
As an expert in social media, you’ll be responsible for developing, planning and implementing our Social Media strategy. Your main responsibility will be in strengthening our audience and communities, as well as increasing our online presence and brand awareness to drive sales and meet marketing goals, in close collaboration with the Marketing team.
Social Media Specialists will also be required to research topics related to travel and tourism in Iceland, source images from the image bank, become familiar with our products and services, and generate new ideas for new content types! You should be deeply familiar with the intricacies of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Develop social media strategies and lead a social media editorial calendar
- Produce and oversee social media content on all channels
- Execute social media strategies in cooperation with marketing managers
- Engage with social media communities to build dynamic channels that foster balanced discussion
- Monitor social media engagement and suggest content optimization
- Analyze & improve most important social media KPIs
- Create and present monthly reports on key figures and KPI’s for social channels
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices, trends, and technologies
- Strategize fresh and creative ways to optimize our post strategy and generate buzz to help drive our company’s growth
- Familiarity with Use relevant social media marketing tools such as Buffer, Facebook Ad Manager, Hootsuite & more
- Work with content and designers to ensure content is informative, appealing and in line with our brand identity
- Collaborate with other departments to create innovative content ideas
- Research and write relevant, accurate and engaging content
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Manage your time efficiently and work within tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or relevant field
- Fluent English skills
- Proven work experience with social media, strategies, and implementation
- Good knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media best practices
- Basic understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Thorough understanding of social media KPIs
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Critical thinker with good problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Friendly work environment
- Equipped kitchen with foosball table, fresh fruit, tea and coffee
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Company outings or in-office team events
- Competitive salary + Insurance plan
If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet up!
Please send your CV and application to email@example.com.
Don’t hesitate to send us questions if you have any.
Please send your application before Feb 22nd, 2019.