Publish date: April 19, 2019
Arctic Adventures is a global adventure tour company with offices in Vilnius. We blend our passion for adventure with a commitment to educate and inspire our guests, whether exploring the highlights or the road less traveled.
We recently won the award for SEO – Best Use of Content in the Drum Awards, the most prestigious digital marketing award in the UK – and we’d love for YOU join our team of awesome content writers and editors!!
What are we looking for?
Arctic Adventures is looking for a Native English-speaking Content Writer (and Editor) to join our team in Vilnius. We’re on the lookout for creative and talented Content Writers to write original, eye-catching and engaging content for our websites, including blog posts, travel guides, and marketing copy.
How We Work
We’re looking for people who love the written word, who will put in the work to make a piece sing. We spend most of our day writing, editing, or debating nitty-gritty grammar rules on Workplace. The office is pretty egalitarian–so your input and ideas matter. We care about our team and do our best to support everyone in a professional environment.
What You’ll Do
Content Writers will be required to research topics related to travel and tourism in Iceland, become familiar with our products and services, generate new ideas for new content types, proofread articles before publication and write SEO-optimized text.
As a Content Writer, you’ll need to be able to produce excellent online content with a deep knowledge of the English language. You should also have a basic grasp of search engine optimization, digital marketing, and content management systems (WordPress or similar). If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet up! Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of published articles along with your application and CV.
Ultimately, you’ll deliver high-quality writing that appeals to our audiences, attracts potential customers, and boosts brand awareness and online search rankings.
- Research and write relevant, accurate and engaging content
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products and services
- Prepare well-structured drafts in alignment with the CMS
- Conduct SEO research and utilize SEO best tactics to create highly optimized content and generate traffic to our site – headers and keywords and all that jazz
- Write, proofread and edit blog posts, tour pages, travel guides, etc.
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Manage your time efficiently, work within tight deadlines and respond to edits on a timely basis
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency in style, the tone of voice and standard operating procedures according to editorial guidelines
- Collaborate with other departments to create innovative content ideas
- Collaborate with fellow team members and team leader
- Native English writing and grammar skills
- Great copyediting and proofreading skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar
Plus if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field will make your application shine a bit brighter
- Experience researching for SEO
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Google Drive
- A passion for nature and traveling, and a willingness to share said passion through your work
- Friendly work environment
- Kitchen with foosball table, fresh fruit, tea and coffee
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Company outings or in-office team events
- Competitive salary + Insurance plan
How to Apply:
For applications and further information, please send an email to:
Please send your application before May 15, 2019.